The patented system for tempering wall, ceiling or floor surfaces is primarily used in test benches for the investigation of thermal comfort, analysis of air flows and performance measurements of heating, cooling and ventilation systems.
Fully or partially integrated capillary tube systems on the cover plates ensure a homogeneous temperature distribution on the surface of the elements. The good static and thermal insulation properties of polyurethane sandwich elements are retained.
Part of the Combined Energy Lab 2.0 of the Technical University Dresden
The climate room has a modular structure so that different issues of heating, ventilation and air conditioning technology (HVAC) can be examined on a scientific scale under realistic conditions.
By means of active temperature control of the entire, appropriately discretised room surrounding construction, mechanical ventilation and venting, including air conditioning, it is possible to set a defined indoor climate.
- modular: Exchange of every surface element is possible
- Interior dimensions L x W x H: 5 m x 4 m x 2.5 m
- Inside: metallic, magnetic, white
- water-flowed elements
- 73 temperable inner surfaces
- Surface temperatures ϑOF = 10 ... 50° C
- Ventilation / air conditioning system for room air conditioning ϕ = 20...90 %, ϑZU = 10...35° C
- Air volume flow max. 600 m³/h
- Investigations on thermal comfort
- Combination of building and system simulation with test room
- Measurement of heating, cooling and ventilation systems
- Analysis of air flows in the room
A joint project of the Technical University of Dresden and ILKAZELL Isoliertechnik GmbH Zwickau.